So after almost 6 months I've finally finished. It's taken a long time but with Christmas in between I've struggled to focus on them. I've also spent a lot of time on other figures too which have got in the way, but here they are a second battalion of French Infantry.
These are from Victrix and the sculpts are lovely, the box comes with 60 plastic figures with a a huge number of poses possible, which is actually part of the problem. It took me a very long time to work out what poses were possible and even now I see what other people have done and it makes me realise that a lot more is possible. As I said the quality of these is very good, there was very little flash and the detail really does help keep the painting simple. The only downside though is that the bayonets are brittle, when I say brittle I mean if you blow them, they're likely to fall off! Even since I've finished them I've had to replace a couple, so much to the point that I removed them all together from the voltigeur company. I hadn't realised when I put them together that bearskins for grenadiers had been abandoned in 1810 so this unit is really all over the place. I was aiming for an 1813 unit who perhaps hadn't been issued new uniforms to fit the 1812 regulations, now I don't really know what I've got!
Again I've been using the usual websites to help complete these. The flag came from GMB and is a much nicer design than the one provided in the box.
After this I'm starting on the first of three boxes of Russian Infantry from Warlord games and a couple of Russian Generals from Front Rank - all part of the community and monthly projects at My Wargaming Life. If' you're not seen it before check it out!