Popular Posts

Monday 12 October 2015

French Napoleonic Infantry (Perry Miniatures) 28mm

So after almost three months since I bought them I'm finally finished my most recent box and I've got to say they were a lot of fun to paint! So much so that I'm going to order another box after I've got through the recent Victrix stuff I've bought.

I bought them along with my 6 pounder and mounted officers but for various reasons it's taken me a while to get them finished.

In the box you get 42 figures, of which only the skirmishers and the officers are really multi-pose , the rest are single part marching poses - At first I thought this was a bit dull, but since I've started a Victrix French Infantry set I've very quickly come to appreciate that this format really does give you a quick and easy way to get figures out on the table. In contrast each of the 60 Victrix figures has to be assembled from a 1000 different combinations of heads and arms etc (not to mention that the labelling system of which arms match which desired pose sucks!).

I started researching French uniforms a little late with these as I was initially just going to stick to the ideas given on the box, however I did find this brilliant site... Cent Jours, whilst it's in French it's also a brilliant database of each of the armies at Waterloo including their facings and the small details that can be easily missed. I have attempted to give them a slightly weathered look, with some mud on their uniforms etc just to add some extra realism.

So without further ado, this is my effort at a French infantry battalion.



2 comments:

  1. Very nice painted miniatures!
    I was thinking of buying some plastic Perry French myself, and you have convinced me!

    Wim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wim!

      I've since bought a set of the Victrix 1807-1812 infantry and I can honestly say that although you get fewer models and poses in the Perry set, they are SO much better. The Victrix set comes with so many poses and different body parts that it's almost impossible to figure out how they are meant to go together!

      Enjoy the Perrys!

      Delete