Popular Posts

Thursday 13 August 2015

French Mounted Infantry Colonels (Perry Miniatures) 28mm

This is the second metal set I bought during my ebay rampage (this cannon being the first), x3 French Infantry Colonels and I've got to admit I was slightly concerned when I first opened the packet. The figures seemed to be bent and slightly skewed, the black horse in particular had really strange shaped legs and all the swords were bent. It didn't take much effort to get them looking acceptable but I was really worried about snapping the swords off.

These were really nice to paint, in particular the figure on the brown horse wearing the habit veste was really nice to paint. My only complaint is that the moulding on the right eye of the dark brown horse seemed to be non existent, it was simply a flat surface. Luckily the dark paint hides this but it almost made me throw the horse away and scrap that figure.

I used the same websites as previously stated here to pick the uniforms, however it was slightly complicated as this page by Calpe Miniatures suggests that the uniforms worn by officers varied due to the officer's allowance for uniforms and sometimes incomplete instructions to tailors.

Overall I was very happy with these figures, again I had to get separate bases but luckily I had some spares kicking around (I do love my spares box!).

I tried to adapt the uniforms slightly as 3 colonels is a bit much for the small brigade I want to build up. The officer on the light brown horse is intended to be an infantry colonel, the black horse figure will be a cavalry colonel (I had Ney in mind as I painted this one) and the final guy on the medium brown horse is intended to be an artillery officer - so I've attempted to keep his uniform similar to the gunners.



No comments:

Post a Comment