Popular Posts

Thursday 13 August 2015

French Foot Artillery firing 6 pounder (Perry Miniatures) 28mm

So I managed to break my golden rule, which considering I've not done many sets since coming back into the hobby is a bit of a shame.. but it felt soo good!! I bought myself 3 sets at once, normally I like to take one set at a time so that I don't get distracted. This time however I bought myself a box of Napoleonic French Infantry, Mounted Infantry Colonels and a team of Foot Artillery firing a 6 pounder. I finished the artillery and colonels way before I had even unboxed the infantry and what I found was brilliant!


At first I was really worried that the metal would be really flimsy and snap if I wasn't careful, but once the cannon had stuck together they were fine (it took a few attempts to get the barrel to take and I had had trouble with chipping so I've got some varnish to try).

I found a couple of really helpful websites to help me with the uniforms, anybody interested in getting accurate and detailed descriptions for Napoleonic armies should certainly check out Napolun.com If this is one guy writing this himself then he's got a lot of time on his hands.

If you prefer a visual representation of the uniforms (although a slightly romantic depiction) then this Historex site is great!

Only downside to this minis (although understandable) is that they don't come with any form of base, I picked these up off ebay for a couple of squid so altogether for about £9 I'm over the moon with this set!


No comments:

Post a Comment